On-line PD Testing and Monitoring of VSD Motors
Partial Discharges can occur at various points in the stator winding insulation of a motor and can eventually lead to an insulation failure. Sources of PD include voids, delamination in the main insulation, slot discharges and various types of end-winding discharges. By PD testing and monitoring, the development of underlying defects can be detected and insulation condition of the stator windings assessed.
- High frequency current transformers (HFCT) sensors can be attached to the feeding cables at the motor and optionally remote end.
- Continuous monitoring of complete electrical networks using our HVPD Kronos® On-line PD Monitoring System.
- Remote monitoring of rotating machines including Ex/ATEX rated motors.
- Comprehensive range of test services for on-line and off-line condition assessment.
- Offline turnaround service to give the insulation of your rotating machines a thorough health check.
- Reactivation services offered to ensure the safe energisation of inactive HV assets.