Partial Discharge Monitoring Across the Asset Life Cycle
On-line Partial Discharge (PD) monitoring provides the best early warning indicator of electrical insulation degradation in HV electrical assets, including switchgear, cables and transformers.
With our range of Condition-Based Monitoring products, along with our expert knowledge in PD, asset managers can confidently make decisions about where and when to invest and how to optimally manage the risk of their networks.
Whether it’s testing during commissioning or screening and continuous monitoring the asset’s lifespan, we support critical networks to reduce the consequence of failure, improving the safety of staff and the stability of the network.
Detect Distribution Power Cable Defects during Commissioning and After Repair with Diagnostic VLF Testing
- Testing during commissioning, maintenance and after repair to ensure installation integrity.
- Monitored withstand tests with PD for insulation defects and Tan Delta for water ingress.
- TDR fingerprinting to aid with fault location in the future.
- Read more about our Test Services.
Detect and Trend PD in Distribution Networks with Screening Tests
- Test a large number of distribution assets quickly for PD with the PDS Insight™ 2.
- On-line PD detection for Condition-Based Maintenance and substation access safety.
- Our dedicated software application OLPD Manager™ enables historic PD data to be reviewed at any time.
Test and Locate PD in Transmission and Distribution Networks with On-line PD Spot Testing
- Detect the early stages of insulation deterioration with routine on-line PD spot testing using the HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester.
- Pinpoint and locate any issues with PD mapping and time of flight testing.
Monitor PD in Critical Assets with Continuous On-line PD Monitoring
- Comprehensive on-line PD monitoring for transmission and distribution networks using the HVPD Kronos® Monitor.
- Entry level on-line PD monitoring of distribution switchgear with the HVPD Kronos® Lite.
- Immediate notification of concerning insulation degradation.
- User interface collates insulation condition for all monitored assets.
- Cloud integration, SCADA interface and remotely accessible.
Permanent Sensors for PD Testing and Monitoring of Bushings
- For connection to bushing voltage or test taps.
- A wide variety of bushing tap adaptors are available for connecting the bushing tap sensor to different manufacturer’s bushings.
- The bushing tap sensor keeps the bushing tap grounded in the same way as the original tap cover, preventing any voltage rise on the bushing tap when in service.