Partial Discharge Monitoring Across the Asset Life Cycle
Partial Discharge (PD) detection provides the best early warning indicator of electrical insulation deterioration in HV assets operating above 3 kV, both onshore and oﬀshore including switchgear, transformers, cable terminations, land and subsea cables. Whether implemented at project start-up or during the asset’s lifespan, we support critical networks to reduce the consequence of failure.
Detect Inter-Array Cables defects during commissioning and after Repair with Diagnostic VLF Testing
- Testing during commissioning, maintenance and after repair to ensure installation integrity.
- Monitored withstand tests with PD for insulation defects and Tan Delta for water ingress.
- TDR fingerprinting to aid with fault location in the future.
- Read more about our Test Services for cables.
Test Switchgear, Cables and Transformers whilst In-service with On-line PD Spot Testing
- Detect the early stages of insulation deterioration with routine spot testing throughout the export and inter-array network.
- Pinpoint and locate any issues with PD mapping.
- Read more about our Test Services for switchgear, cables and transformers.
Monitor PD in Critical Assets with Continuous On-line PD Monitoring
- Immediate notification of concerning insulation degradation in critical HV assets on the network.
- User interface collates insulation condition for all monitored assets.
- Cloud integration, SCADA interface and remotely accessible.
- Read more about our On-line PD Monitoring System.
Prepare for On-line PD Spot Testing and Monitoring with Permanent PD Sensor Installation
- Sensors installed to facilitate On-line PD spot testing and monitoring of the export inter-array network at substations and wind turbines.
- Avoids the need for outages to temporarily attach and remove PD sensors for the purpose of conducting On-line PD spot test measurements.
- Read more about PD sensors.
Don’t forget to sign up to our Free to Attend Renewable Energy Webinar:
PD testing for new-build inter-array wind farm cable networks!
Wednesday 14th July 2021 at 13:00-14:00 GMT+1.
For more details or to register for this free webinar please click here.