Are your HV assets in a fit condition to resume normal operating duties?
We can provide a range of services prior to, during and after energisation to determine and locate any faults due to Partial Discharge (PD), preventing possibly dangerous outages during start-up. Damage from the introduction of contaminants, water ingress or rodent infestation can all cause deterioration leading to PD.
PD measurements feature the required sensitivity to detect localised defective areas from an early developing stage and do not require isolation and de-energisation of the asset for future testing.
Cold and Term Stacked sites
- Offline PD testing before energisation can locate faults due to PD within the HV asset and provide baseline PD readings, ideal for the future tending of PD levels and gaining an Asset Health Integrity Reference.
Hot and Warm Stacked sites
- On-line PD spot testing as a shift from reactive, time-based maintenance to a Condition-Based Maintenance strategy.
Reactivation of Switchgear
- Using TEV, AA or UHF sensors and the HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester, Air Insulated or Gas Insulated HV switchgear can be scanned to detect any abnormalities.
- Read more about our Test Services for switchgear.
Reactivation of Rotating Machines
- Offline PD testing pre-energisation can provide baseline PD and Tan Delta/Power Factor readings for asset integrity validation.
- On-line PD spot testing immediately after energisation using temporary or permanently installed sensors and couplers: e.g. HFCT, Rogowski Coil, 80 pF coupling capacitors, 500 pF / 1nF coupling capacitors.
- Read more about our Test Services for rotating machines.
Reactivation of Transformers and Bushings
- Offline PD testing of bushings pre-energisation can provide baseline PD and Tan Delta/Power Factor readings for asset integrity validation.
- On-line PD spot testing immediately after energisation allows detection of any insulation defects in a transformer at the cable terminations.
- Read more about our Test Services for transformers and bushings.