On-line PD Testing and Monitoring of Metal-clad AIS
Partial Discharges can occur at various points in air insulated switchgear. Sources of PD include voids, surface tracking and loose HV contacts, in addition to PD in bushings and instrument transformers. By PD testing and monitoring, the development of underlying defects can be detected and insulation condition assessed.
- High frequency current transformers (HFCT) sensors can be attached to the cables.
- Transient Earth Voltage (TEV) sensors attached to the metal-clad housing.
- Airborne Acoustic (AA) sensors placed over seams or vents of the switchgear housing.
|Air Insulated Switchgear|
- On-line PD detection for condition-based maintenance and substation access safety with the HVPD PDS Insight™ 2.
- In-depth diagnostic spot testing using the HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester.
- Entry level on-line PD monitoring of distribution switchgear with the HVPD Kronos® Lite.
- Continuous monitoring of complete electrical networks using our HVPD Kronos® On-line PD Monitoring System.
- Comprehensive range of test services for on-line and off-line condition assessment.
- Reactivation services offered to ensure the safe energisation of inactive HV assets.