To book your place today please email: email@example.com
When: 25th September, 9am-5pm
Where: HVPD, 128 Metroplex Business Park, Broadway, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2UW
About Level 1
A one-day course designed for anyone new to Partial Discharge (PD), has a general interest or has a requirement to learn the basics. This includes engineers and managers involved in asset management of MV/HV/EHV networks who are new to Partial Discharge (PD) and are assessing Condition Monitoring (CM) technologies.
The course includes four technical seminars, practical HV laboratory PD testing and a practical session covering the use of the PDS Insight™, World’s First on-line Partial Discharge Handheld Test Unit with On-Line Partial Discharge Manager – Asset Management Application for Android™ to detect sources of PD activity in switchgear and in air. Upon completion of the course, the trainees are expected to have a solid background in PD test and monitoring techniques and methodology and have an understanding on how this can be used to support Condition-Based Maintenance. This will be tested in the Level I Exam.
Those with HVPD Level I certification or some previous experience with PD can progress to Level II.
- Introduction to Partial Discharge
- Overview of On‑line and Off‑line PD Test Methods Part 1
- Overview of On‑line and Off‑line PD Test Methods Part 2
- Deployment of PD testing in Asset Management Systems
- HVPD HV Faraday Test Facility: Testing on 33 kV Cable Sample Practical
- PDS Insight™: Presentation and Practical session
- Training carried out by expert PD test engineers
- Q&A session after each module
- Certification after passing the Level I exam
- Training materials and seminar pack
- Refreshments and buffet lunch