Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
HVPD Ltd are looking for a UK & Ireland Account Manager, based at our Head Office in Manchester, UK, to support our UK & Ireland Sales Manager in account management of our key clients. The role will involve producing quotations, liaising and managing new and existing customers, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, and regularly visiting our client base across the UK.
This role will suit someone with commercial experience in building and growing customer relationships, that is interested in joining a team that works with technically interesting condition monitoring equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Commercial Account Management of specified UK & Ireland customers
- Responding to new and existing customer enquiries for the UK & Ireland Sales Team
- Liaising and building relationships & rapport with new and existing customers
- Retain customers by developing relationships and understanding their requirements
- Cross-selling and up-selling to key accounts
- Negotiating framework agreements with key accounts
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Attending customer meetings, technical sales presentations and on-site customer product demonstrations with the UK & Ireland Sales Manager, and visiting key accounts regularly.
- Working with our Bid Manager, producing and delivering commercially viable and technically compliant tender submissions, for a wide range of electrical biased systems for the UK & Ireland Sales Team.
- Reporting on P&L of key accounts
- Working with the Marketing department on campaigns, events etc. to increase opportunities with clients in the UK & Ireland
- Representing HVPD externally at marketing events such as exhibitions and conferences in the UK & Ireland.
- 2+ years previous experience in an Account Manager role
- A qualification in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the electrical/mechanical industry and standards, associated with HV and MV Power Projects / Systems.
- Previous experience producing tender proposal documentation
- Customer focused approach with a high attention to detail
- Experience working within budgets and reporting on job cost, profitability, margins
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Full clean UK driving license
- Willingness to travel across the UK & Ireland, for up to 25% of working time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a proactive approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time-management
- Personable, natural communicator
- Good command of written and spoken English with excellent presentation skills
- Be committed, loyal and trustworthy and acting always with the strictest confidence
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications
- Flexible working
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Company pension (4% employer contribution)
- EMI Share Options Scheme
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme