High Voltage Partial Discharge Ltd (HVPD) are industry leading experts in the market of On-Line Partial Discharge (PD) test and monitoring technology for complete medium and high voltage power networks. We design and build a range of electrical condition monitoring technology and provide solutions to a diverse range of markets including; Oil & Gas, T&D, LNG, Heavy Industry, Data Centres etc. across a pan-global client base.
Over the years, our technology and international export records have been recognised through the accreditation of Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, most recently winning the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in International Trade for a second time. HVPD also holds several International Patents. Our company has an ambitious growth plan and it is an exciting time to join our team.
HVPD Ltd has an exciting opportunity, based in our head office in Manchester, UK (although global travel will be required), for a Test Engineer to join our busy Test Services department.
The role would suit someone looking to build upon their knowledge of the principals of high voltage insulation testing, gain professional qualifications, work on technically interesting equipment and who would enjoy travelling to countries across the world.
The role requires up to 40% working in the field, including overseas and offshore travel.
We have a great track record in promoting our employees through the business; we also offer excellent training to ensure everyone is working to the highest of standards.
Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibilities
- Conducting On-line (& Off-line) Partial Discharge Testing (in addition to other condition based testing) at customer sites worldwide.
- Interpret specs and customer enquiries and design technical proposals for customers.
- Acting as an HVPD ambassador to trade organisations/conferences
- Processing data collected by engineers on site jobs
- Providing data analysis for customer reports
- Supporting customer data service requirements; to provide telephone and email support to customers.
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
Full product training will be provided.
- A minimum degree in a STEM subject and/or HND/HNC in engineering subject (or equivalent) with work experience, or to have worked in a similar field for over 5 years
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment
- Self-management of assigned projects
- Strong computer skills including report writing
Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Flexible team player willing to get involved across departments.
- Interest in full life cycle of test and installation project from planning, testing, commissioning to reporting and monitoring.
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications
- Flexible working opportunities – working from home possible after training
- Site & travel allowances
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- EMI Share Options Scheme
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Company pension (4% employer contribution)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme