Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time
HVPD Ltd are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer, based at our Head Office in Manchester, UK, to support our sales team. This role will suit an Electrical Engineer looking for the opportunity to utilise their engineering knowledge in a commercial team.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the global Sales Managers with technical enquiries
- Liaising with Engineering to prescribe solutions for customers across complete medium and high voltage networks including rotating machines, cables, switchgear and transformers.
- Interpreting Single-Line Diagrams to prepare scopes of supply for monitoring systems.
- Providing engineering support to the Bid Manager to producing and deliver commercially viable and technically compliant tender submissions.
- Reviewing technical documentation, including specifications, reports, and drawings for customers’ requirements
- Telephone and face-to-face technical support to customers.
- Retain customers by developing relationships and understanding their requirements.
- Representing HVPD at tradeshows and conferences.
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
- A minimum of a HNC qualification in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the electrical industry and standards, associated with HV and MV Power Projects / Systems, including single-line diagrams.
- Previous experience producing tender proposal documentation and handling technical enquiries.
- Customer focused approach with a high attention to detail
- Full clean UK driving license
- Willingness to travel
- Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Engineering background
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a proactive approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time-management
- Personable, natural communicator
- Good command of written and spoken English with excellent presentation skills
- Be committed, loyal and trustworthy and acting always with the strictest confidence
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications
- Flexible working
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Company pension (4% employer contribution)
- EMI Share Options Scheme
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme