High Voltage Partial Discharge Ltd (HVPD) are industry leading experts in the market of On-Line Partial Discharge (PD) test and monitoring technology for complete medium and high voltage power networks. We design and build a range of electrical condition monitoring technology and provide solutions to a diverse range of markets including; Oil & Gas, T&D, LNG, Heavy Industry, Data Centres etc. across a pan-global client base.
Over the years, our technology and international export records have been recognised through the accreditation of Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, most recently winning the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in International Trade for a second time. HVPD also holds several International Patents. Our company has an ambitious growth plan and it is an exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for a Software & IT Technician to join our Software team.
Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibilities
- Developing and running manual and automated tests (stress, performance, functional, scalability) on products currently in development.
- Developing and performing QA tests on software releases and software products under direction of the software manager.
- Working alongside the Software and Hardware development engineers on current and future projects
- Frontline IT support for all departments and field personnel including admin support, setting up equipment, software & system setup
- Liaising with the Company’s 2nd and 3rd line IT support provider to ensure speedy resolution of issues.
- Assistance with network management and telephone support infrastructure
- Assistance with maintenance of Sage programmes
- General IT repairs
- IT procurement
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
- Relevant degree (Computer Science/IT/Electrical Engineering) or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Good understanding of the software and product development cycle
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good problem solver
- Good communication skills & team mentality
- Desirable skills – Experience working in an international company
- Desirable skills – An interest in Electrical Engineering
Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications
- Flexible working opportunities – working from home possible after training
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- EMI Share Options Scheme
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Company pension (4% employer contribution)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme