Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time, fixed term contract for 6 months
Salary: £18k (pro-rata)
HVPD Ltd has an exciting opportunity, based in our head office in Manchester, UK, for a Junior Software Engineer to join our team. The role is initially available on a 6-month fixed-term contract however there may be scope for a permanent contract once the contract has finished.
The role would suit someone with an engineering background (mechanical, electrical or software) and analytical mind with an interest in developing software skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the implementation of new techniques for ‘holistic’ condition monitoring for HV assets across HVPD’s global client base.
- Working on data analysis methods for a variety of condition monitoring parameters.
- Liaising with clients to enable good data flow between involved parties.
- Liaising with internal development, test services and software departments.
- Providing data analysis for customer reports.
- Supporting customer data service requirements; to provide telephone and email support to customers.
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
- Flexible team player, willing to get involved across departments.
- Interest in full lifecycle of test and installation project from planning, testing, commissioning to reporting and monitoring.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team-working and people skills.
- A minimum of an HNC/HND in software/programming, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or mathematics. Or preferably a 2:1 degree (or above) in one of the above subjects. Or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience dealing with databases.
- Strong analytical/statistical skills – evidence of previous work or extracurricular projects would be advantageous.
- Experience with or interest to develop analytical skills such as AI, Machine Learning, Big Data and applying Neural networks would be beneficial.
- An interest in developing HV asset condition monitoring knowledge
- Basic knowledge or interest to develop knowledge of HV rotating machines – motors & generators would be beneficial (how they work, modes of failure, maintenance, the life cycle of an asset, etc).
- Experience with or interest to develop working with clients (electrical industry) data historian systems or similar.
- Great general computer skills including in Microsoft Office Excel for data analysis.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability
- Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Competitive Salaries
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Company Pension Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme