Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full-time, fixed term for 6 months
Salary: £18k (pro-rata)
HVPD Ltd has an exciting opportunity, based in our head office in Manchester, UK, for a Software Internship.
The role would suit someone with an engineering background (mechanical, electrical or software) and analytical mind with an interest in developing software skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the implementation of new techniques for ‘holistic’ condition monitoring for HV assets across HVPD’s global client base.
- Working on data analysis methods for a variety of condition monitoring parameters.
- Liaising with clients to enable good data flow between involved parties.
- Liaising with internal development, test services and software departments.
- Providing data analysis for customer reports.
- Supporting customer data service requirements; to provide telephone and email support to customers.
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
- Flexible team player, willing to get involved across departments.
- Interest in full lifecycle of test and installation project from planning, testing, commissioning to reporting and monitoring.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team-working and people skills.
- A minimum of an HNC/HND in software/programming, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or mathematics. Or preferably a 2:1 degree (or above) in one of the above subjects. Or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience dealing with databases.
- Strong analytical/statistical skills – evidence of previous work or extracurricular projects would be advantageous.
- Experience with or interest to develop analytical skills such as AI, Machine Learning, Big Data and applying Neural networks would be beneficial.
- An interest in developing HV asset condition monitoring knowledge
- Basic knowledge or interest to develop knowledge of HV rotating machines – motors & generators would be beneficial (how they work, modes of failure, maintenance, the life cycle of an asset, etc).
- Experience with or interest to develop working with clients (electrical industry) data historian systems or similar.
- Great general computer skills including in Microsoft Office Excel for data analysis.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability
- Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Competitive Salaries
- Social Events
- Excellent transport routes
- Company Pension Scheme
- Eye care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme