High Voltage Partial Discharge Ltd (HVPD) are industry leading experts in the market of On-Line Partial Discharge (PD) test and monitoring technology for complete medium and high voltage power networks. We design and build a range of electrical condition monitoring technology and provide solutions to a diverse range of markets including; Oil & Gas, T&D, LNG, Heavy Industry, Data Centres etc. across a pan-global client base.
Over the years, our technology and international export records have been recognised through the accreditation of Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, most recently winning the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in International Trade for a second time. HVPD also holds several International Patents. Our company has an ambitious growth plan and it is an exciting time to join our team.
To add to our Head Office in Manchester, UK, and our worldwide offices in China, Abu Dhabi and Australia, in 2019, we incorporated our North American company, HVPD, Inc., and office in Houston, Texas. HVPD Inc. has allowed us to cater for its customers in the USA, as well as expanding new business.
To further support our US customers, and assist with the expansion of our operations in North America, we are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join HVPD, Inc. in the Houston region.
We are looking for someone from an engineering background with experience of technical sales within the Oil & Gas sector.
Location: Home-based with office in Houston, TX
Position Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibilities
- Building and developing relationships with US partners to provide global condition monitoring solutions
- Recruiting new and managing distribution channel partners
- Ensuring business growth by achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Tracking major opportunities using market research tools
- Tracking and analysing market potential, competitor activity and performance of sales channels to develop product offerings and market strategies.
- Responsible for inbound enquiries and developing new business.
- Working with the Marketing team to devise regional specific targeted campaigns to generate leads
- Providing input for regional budgets and product and service forecasts
- Representing HVPD Inc. at industry conferences and exhibitions in the USA and Canada.
- Regular reporting on sales activity and pipeline.
Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided.
Full product training will be provided. The role will require ~30% travel throughout the USA and Canada, for meetings, exhibitions and conferences.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience
- Proven technical sales track record, ideally within the Oil & Gas sector for 10+ years
- Experience of working within an international sales role
- Previous experience dealing with project stakeholders; Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), EPC’s and End Users/Operators
- Strong management and communication skills, capable of making themselves understood by a wide range of people from a wide range of countries
- Commercially astute with negotiation skills and experience of terms and conditions of supply
- Be able to work both reactively and proactively in a busy and varied sales environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT
Must be legally authorised to work in the United States of America.
- Previous experience in Condition Monitoring of assets and/or Partial Discharge
- Experience of selling into Medium and High Voltage Electrical Power Network Customers.
- Experience of Sales Force CRM
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working & work from home
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Pension match (4%)
- Health Insurance & Dental Coverage
- Company Vehicle Allowance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications