High Voltage Partial Discharge Ltd (HVPD) are industry leading experts in the market of On-Line Partial Discharge (PD) test and monitoring technology for complete medium and high voltage power networks. We design and build a range of electrical condition monitoring technology and provide solutions to a diverse range of markets including; Oil & Gas, T&D, LNG, Heavy Industry, Data Centres etc. across a pan-global client base.
Over the years, our technology and international export records have been recognised through the accreditation of Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, most recently winning the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in International Trade for a second time. HVPD also holds several International Patents. Our company has an ambitious growth plan and it is an exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for a graduate-level Electronics Engineer to join our Development team. This role offers the opportunity to train and gain experience as an Electronics Design Engineer.
Location: Head Office, Manchester, UK & opportunity to work from home
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include:
- Bench testing, debugging and verification of prototypes; Soldering/De-soldering, Use of signal generators, oscilloscopes and similar, Root cause fault investigation
- Product Support; Provide support to customers for in service-products and to production department in testing
- Design Preparation for Production; Creation and maintenance of electronics information required by the production department, Liaise with Design department to improve reliability and producibility of HVPD products.
- Operation of schematic capture software (for example Cadstar/KiCad); Schematics, Circuit layout, Cable scheduling
- Training – Full training on our products and services will be provided. The position will offer the successful candidate significant career progression through hands on training
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills “across the board” in Electronic Engineering.
- A degree in Electronics (or similar related subject) or have experience working in a similar field.
- Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training and opportunity to gain external certifications
- Flexible working hours & location
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Excellent transport routes
- Company pension
- Eye care Voucher Scheme